The Women in Leadership Hospitality program was recently launched. Check out the information about the program and the amazing scholarship opportunities on offer – but be quick, applications for the first round of scholarships close on Sunday 11 June.
The Women in Leadership Hospitality Program is a new initiative seeking to multiply the stories of women in leadership within the hospitality and tourism industry. Offering bespoke scholarship opportunities for emerging female leaders throughout Tasmania.
It doesn’t matter where you are in your career journey. If you’re passionate about tourism or hospitality, or have a desire to lead others, you’re invited to take up the next step in your leadership journey.
Jumpstart your leadership journey with a paid scholarship from the Women in Leadership Hospitality Program: https://www.morethanwelcome.com.au/women
We’re passionate about supporting Tasmanian women in their education and increasing the diversity and representation of women in leadership positions within the hospitality and tourism sector – that’s why in 2023 we’re offering multiple leadership education options for emerging female leaders. It doesn’t matter where you are in your tourism or hospitality career, we believe there is an opportunity for you to grow and succeed.
This year we are pleased to offer five recommended courses. However, if you’ve had your eye on a leadership program that isn’t listed here, let us know, as we would love to consider it as part of your application.
If you’re passionate about tourism or hospitality, or have a growing interest in leading others, apply now.
- 15 scholarship opportunities for women aged 16+;
- Applications open Monday 15 May 2023 – Close at 8:00pm Sunday 11 June 2023;
- Successful applicants will be notified in the week commencing 26 June 2023;
- Dates for courses will be negotiated with the successful applicant, but must be commenced within 6 months of successfully receiving the scholarship;
- The Women in Leadership Hospitality Program will pay for all course costs, and in some cases, the cost of travel and accommodation. This will be confirmed on offer of a scholarship;
- Any questions? Contact Jess Gulliver at email@example.com
To be considered for a Scholarship, candidates must:
- be female*
- be an Australian Citizen, or hold a visa that enables the applicant to live in Australia for at least the next five years;
- be a resident of Tasmania;
- be able to commit to commencing a course within 6 months of receiving the scholarship;
- be able to commit to successfully completing the required course assessment within six months of the course commencement date; and
- be able to commit to completing all post-course and program surveys.
- be willing to be interviewed during or after the scholarship has commenced for feedback and ways to improve. May be used for future storytelling / marketing opportunity.
*Tasmanians who identify as female are encouraged to apply.
Priority may also be given to women in regional and rural areas, women who are emerging leaders, and women in industries where they are traditionally under-represented and in non-traditional fields of employment.
To find out more and to apply, visit: https://www.morethanwelcome.com.au/women